2015 In A Nutshell

Hi everyone!
This is slightly late but who cares!

This past year has gone crazy fast. Like, I actually can't get over it. I have had an amazing year, even though it went within a blink of an eye. There are some highlights that I really wanted to remember forever.

I'll start at the beginning of the year (good idea Beth, duh).

January

A pretty quiet month from what I can remember. I spent most of it planning for my holiday to Disney World for February. I was constantly at the gym and attempting to be more organised. Classic January resolutions.

February

Now this was a mint month. I turned 21 in my favourite place in the entire world. Walt Disney World. We flew out on Valentines Day which is two days before my birthday. We stayed there for 3 weeks and it started to feel like home for both of us! It was just my boyfriend and I and we had an incredible time. There is nowhere else on this planet where I feel so happy and at ease. We swam with dolphins, sting rays, ahhhhmazing. Went to all of the parks (Disney, Universal etc) and we did lots and lots of shopping!








We love it so much we are already going back in October this year and staying at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort (posts to follow).

March

To overcome the holiday blues we made the decision before we went to have an addition to our family. WE GOT A PUPPY! I have always wanted a Scottish Terrier and we searched high and low with assured breeders for the right one. Then one day, a few days before we went on holiday, I had an email saying there was a litter born in Wales. We reserved the puppy straight away and he was ready for when we got back from Florida. We named him Walter (one guess where I had name inspo). It was love at first sight. This was definitely the highlight of the month for me. 

Just look at his little face!




April/May

Not gonna lie I actually cannot think of anything that I did in these months. It was mine and Luke's anniversary on April 1st and we went out for a lovely meal. Work was crazy busy which took a toll on my social life! Boooooooring. But I did pass my Theory Test for driving, yay!

June/July

My favourite thing that I did over these months was that I whisked my lovely mum to London for her birthday. We had a lovely touristy weekend. We got lost in Topshop Oxford Street (literally we were in there for 3 whole hours and a lot of money was spent). Also, may I just say that Lush Oxford Street is fucking insane. The best shop ever. Too much money was spent but it was totally worth it. 
We ate at the Greek restaurant on South Bank and it was so gorgeous. Our table was in the window and we could see St Paul's Cathedral lit up and it looked stunning. We also did the London Dungeons which is always hilarious and of course we had to go to Buckingham Palace.
                                                                 
Also, for my Mum's birthday we took her down to Thorpe Park. It was such an amazing weekend! It was the first time my family had ever been, we have always just gone to Alton Towers. The rides were so much better, my family are proper adrenaline junkies so we all had the best time. I cannot wait to go back.   

In July we had a bit of nice weather, so me and my best friend made the most of it and went on some lovely picnics (M&S picnics to be precise). We went up the Wrekin and into Ironbridge and had some really nice days out. 

It was also my friends 'hag do' (gay wedding so mix up of stag/hen,funny no?) and a big group of us went to Nottingham for a total wipe out style game with inflatables and water and it was bloody hilarious. Then we all got royally drunk and went out to the bars and clubs. Had one too many mojitos. Sorry not sorry. 

All in all these months were really social for me and I loved it all. Definitely started to feel like my normal self again after a few quiet months!

August/September

August was the month of the wedding of the year. My two lovely friends finally got married and it was the most emotional and beautiful day. I feel honoured to had been there and if I could relive that day I 100%. Gay weddings are bloody fabulous.The food was incredible, the decor and the hotel itself was insanely gorgeous. Even my emotionless boyfriend cried at the ceremony which says it all!
I love weddings. I'm so soppy and romantic it's annoying.
     


On a slightly lower note, it was also a year since my Nan passed away and a year since the funeral. This gave me a lot of reflection time and a chance to step back. The year had gone fast for me from the point of her death and I still miss her every day. We were extremely close and it is very hard to get over. Since the year had passed it kind of lifted something in me. Knowing that I had gone a year without her and even though yeah it has been pretty shitty, but me and my family are okay. Death has made me see everything in a completely different light. Now I am a firm believer in that you have got to live your life as much as you physically can!

October

Highlight of the month was easily Amsterdam. Me and Amy went and had the funniest time. It was definitely an experience. If you ever get the chance to go there never ever pass it up. I have honestly never been anywhere like it. The place itself is stunning. The canals and the buildings are gorgeous and something you should for sure see. On the first day we did some exploring and our first cafe experience was The Bulldog. We were complete newbies and had no idea what we were doing and tried our best to play it cool. Not sure how cool we actually looked though. There is so much to do there and so many places. I would highly recommend Anne Franks House and the Heineken Museum, and also if you get chance get to the Red Light District and watch a sex show. It was 50 euros but it was an experience you would never get anywhere else.  It only takes 45 minutes on a plane to get there which is crazy as that's how long it takes for me to get on a train to Birmingham. I can't wait to go back. When I think about this trip the memories make me so happy. It was so nice to spend some quality time with my best friend making some crazy and unforgettable memories. If you read this Amy then you know what I mean!





As always my crazy family will host a Halloween party. They are always a right old laugh. We do it every year and they just get better. We are all very into fancy dress and I love face paint so it's a good excuse to do something! 

November

November was a very strange month. For about 8 months me and Luke had booked to go to Disneyland Paris at the end of November. A few days before we were about to go, the horrific Paris terrorists attacks happened. We were in complete shock as we watched the news until about 2:30am trying to get our heads around what had just happened. The next day my phone was filled with text messages by friends and family pretty much begging me not to go. My heart sank a bit and I had a big gut feeling that this trip wasn't going to be full of the Disney magic that we were waiting for. I'm not very good in stressful situations and when I feel anxious I can't really do much, so travelling there would have been a nightmare for me. I knew I had to cancel the trip.  People had lost their lives in sheer terror and it wasn't going to be the same when it was all so raw. Luckily, Disney were brilliant and gave us a full refund and my travel insurance sorted the Eurostar cancellation. This wouldn't have mattered even if they couldn't. All I wanted was for everyone to be safe, and even I felt anxious about go there. I was starting to lose my faith in humanity and starting to feel scared whenever I watched the news. 

December

Ahhhhh the end of the year already! Christmas creeped up very quickly so I rapidly did all of my Christmas shopping. People think i'm mad because I bloody love doing it. Buying gifts for people is so heart warming and lovely.
Work was extremely busy in December in both of my jobs so it flew by. 
I had a Christmas do which was very funny, we all got a bit tiddly. Only right to do so on Christmas. 
Even know I worked on Christmas Day we still had a laugh and on the evening I got to spend it with my family. We had a good game of Cards Against Humanity and watched rubbish TV and ate a shit load of cheese. Good times.
Our NYE party was also a highlight and also another fancy dress party. This time it was the theme of Disney. Everyone made such an effort. I of course went as my favourite, Mary Poppins. After that I now just wish that I could walk around pretending I'm her every day. It's always nice seeing the New Year in with my family and friends who mean the most to me. 








So there we have it. A year of me! Filled with holidays, animals, laughs and friends and family.

If you liked this post then leave a comment and you can also subsribe to my blog via Bloglovin'.
What was your favourite thing you did in 2015 I would love to know!





Post a Comment

Beth Diss. All views are my own. 2016. Powered by Blogger.